Garage doors are a thing that we use so frequently. If you have multiple vehicles, then you open and close the doors every time you take the vehicles out and bring them back in. Some families also store their children’s bicycles, toy cars, etc… in which case they will use the garage doors as well. Then during the weekends, you may open and shut the doors to take out tools to work in your backyard. The children may need to take out their toys as well. Since this is something we use so often, it is important to maintain garage doors properly.
Without proper maintenance, the garage doors may get jammed or become dysfunctional. In some cases, you can find DIY solutions. In case of severe repair, you need to contact Orleans garage door repair services.
Here we have listed a few tips for proper maintenance of your garage doors.
- Attach a nozzle to a garden hose. Use it to give your garage doors a gentle rinse. To wash the doors, use a soft cloth dipped in mild detergent.
- Keep the doors lubricated. Be aware of the right lubricant to use.
- Inspect the door from time to time. Check if there are any dents or cracks. Make sure that the door does not let light from outside.
- The remote garage door openers should have their batteries replaced every year.
- Check if the door tracks are aligned correctly.
What are the things that can go wrong?
Despite good maintenance, one must not forget that garage doors are also a piece of hardware that is susceptible to wear and tear. When they stop working, what are the things to look for? When to get in touch with Orleans garage door repair services?
- Dents – dents are a common form of repair. You can get rid of small dents using plunders. For deeper ones, it is best to leave the technician to do the job.
- Broken wheels – If one or more of the wheels break, the doors won’t open/shut. The only solution is replacement. Doing it by yourself may cause damage to the door tracks or other parts. Thus, it is recommended to get in touch with a reputed Orleans garage door repair company.
- Cracked door panels – Door panels are quite heavy. Broken panels need to be replaced. But due to their weight, it is not possible to single-handedly repair. Contact a qualified technician for help.
Should you get a new door installed?
There are numerous benefits of replacing your old garage doors. As we progress in technology, new pieces of hardware are built. These have better features than older versions of the same product.
- Newer garage doors have better security features. They come with sensors and security keypads. For better safety, it is good to replace your doors with modern ones.
- Modern garage doors operate without emitting noise. At least, not as much as the older ones.
- When you install new garage doors with better features, you can get a discount on your home insurance from some companies.